How to Configure Your Settings
Ok, you’ve had a look around, now it’s time to configure your Curve client! Please watch the first chapter of our Getting Started tutorial. After the video, we will provide some helpful notes & further reading.
How to Configure Your Settings
- Provide Company Name & Address – This will be displayed on your royalty statements.
- Select your preferred Date Format – Prefer a DD/MM/YY or a MM/DD/YY format? Select your preference here. This format will be used throughout your Curve client and on your royalty statements.
- Select the Currencies in which you wish to account royalties – Your Home Currency will be the base currency in which all monetary values will be displayed throughout your Curve client. It will also be the default currency in which you create your statements. Curve Pro clients can select up to three additional currencies in which they can send statements. More info
- Add a help email & custom text to your statements – A help email will make sure your artists know who to reach out to when they have questions. But even better, your custom texts may already provide information & answers to frequently asked questions. More info
- Choose your preferred statement design – The layout of the PDF statements differs slightly in the different statement design options. More info
Upload your logo – Your business logo will be displayed on the artist statements. Your image can be in jpg or png format, but can be no larger than 500×500 pixels wide.
- Add a help email & custom text to your emails – Whenever you invite a songwriter to their Curve portal or send out a new statement, your songwriter will receive an email from the Curve platform. As with your statements, you can customise these by providing a help email and custom text. More info
The below features are not mandatory to use, but may be helpful to clients with specific requirements. Features with a ✪ icon are available to clients on a Curve Pro plan only and may need to be enabled as an add-on.
Customise your Channels, Configurations & Cost Types (✪ Configurations) - Curve Pro clients can customise the building blocks of how sales data will be broken down. Additionally these different sales types become available in the Contracts as conditions to apply a unique set of royalty rates to. More Info
Report royalties in multiple currencies (✪ Multicurrency) - Curve Pro clients can account to their artists in currencies different to their Home Currency by selecting up to three additional currencies. More Info
Automatically read sales files that are stored in an FTP folder (✪ FTP Integration) - If your sources store your sales files on an FTP folder, we can connect Curve with this folder to automatically ingest any new sales files. More info
Enable Multi-Factor Authentication - Enabling Multi Factor Authentication will require you to confirm your identity using your email address or an authentication app. It adds an extra level of security to your data. More info
Setting your Notification preferences - When a process is complete, Curve can send you a notification either via email or via the in-app notification bell. By default we will enable both, but you have the option to disable one. More info
Add Categories for your Payees, Contracts and Catalogue - For your own reference, you can create Categories for your Payees and Contracts ( More info). You can also create Catalogue Groups, which can be used to categorise your Tracks & Releases and apply a unique set of royalty rates per group (More info).
Once your Settings are complete, please follow us along to our next step: creating your Payees.